Check out these features:
- No images, no external CSS
- No dependencies (jQuery is supported, but not required)
- Highly configurable
- Resolution independent
- Uses VML as fallback in old IEs
- Uses @keyframe animations, falling back to setTimeout()
- Works in all major browsers, including IE6
- MIT License
Here’s one I made earlier. And very nice it is too.
If a unit test connects to a database, interacts with the file system, reads a configuration file value, requests some data from a web service, it isn’t a unit test.