So, Amazing Breaker is better than Angry Birds, and here’s why:
- it feels more precise; sure there’s a physics engine in Angry Birds, but how many times have you thought ‘wtf?’ whilst playing it?
- it feels more strategic than Angry Birds – planning your attack using a succession of different attacks feels more integral to the gameplay
- pulling off a wave of destruction after three or so turns of strategic bomb placement feels so satisfying
- who doesn’t like watching game world explosions?
- who doesn’t like it when their amazing move is rewarded with an ‘amazing’ comment?
- sure, the birds have a far greater characterisation than different coloured ballistics, but the graphics are pretty amazing nonetheless
- I was getting bored of angry birds anyway