Say goodbye to ajaxload, and say a big hello to spin.js.
Check out these features:
- No images, no external CSS
- No dependencies (jQuery is supported, but not required)
- Highly configurable
- Resolution independent
- Uses VML as fallback in old IEs
- Uses @keyframe animations, falling back to setTimeout()
- Works in all major browsers, including IE6
- MIT License
If a unit test connects to a database, interacts with the file system, reads a configuration file value, requests some data from a web service, it isn’t a unit test.
Microsoft IE lead Dean Hachamovitch:
Running Metro style IE plug-in free improves battery life as well as security, reliability, and privacy for consumers. Plug-ins were important early on in the web’s history. But the web has come a long way since then with HTML5. Providing compatibility with legacy plug-in technologies would detract from, rather than improve, the consumer experience of browsing in the Metro style UI.
No Flash then.